AVTAR and British Deputy High Commission Chennai are proud to bring the Inspiring Second Career Woman Award. Aimed at the successful women returnees in Tamilnadu, this award will recognise and celebrate the intentionality and perseverence of these women.
Awards will be presented at The Queen’s Birthday Party (QBP) in Chennai hosted by the British Deputy High Commissioner (BDHC) in Chennai at his official residence, Cottingley on the International Women’s Day, March 8th, 2019. It is the most high profile event in the BDHC Calendar and sees the senior-most invitation-only guests on the Cottingley lawns that evening – Indian and UK business, culture/arts, government, media, civil society. It is an evening of fun and business networking showcasing the best of Britain and celebrating the spirit of Indo-UK partnership and collaboration across sectors.
Note: The Queen’s Birthday falls on 21 April. It is officially celebrated in the UK on a Saturday in June. Posts worldwide, celebrate it on different days locally.)
1. The nominee should have a minimum of 5 years of work experience before the break.
2. Eligible reasons for the break – Maternity, Child Care, Infertility Treatment, Health Reasons (Self/Dependant), Relocation/Mobility.
3. Women entrepreneurs, Freelancers or Consultants are not eligible to apply for the awards. The woman should have made a career comeback in an organization.
4. The nominee should have taken a minimum of 2 years of continuous break.
5. Also, rejoining the same organization after a sabbatical will not be eligible. The comeback should be made into a different organization from the one in which she worked before the break.
6. The nominee should have a minimum of 1 year and a maximum of 5 years of work experience after the come back.
7. The nominee should have a maximum of 15 years of total work experience.
8. The nominee should be working in Tamilnadu.