Case Study on building a pipeline of women leaders through Intentional Career Pathing training
Intentional Career Pathing (ICP)
The Global Delivery Services division of one of the largest consulting organizations decided to implement the Intentional Career Pathing training intervention to enhance the Career Intentionality levels of its women employees at mid-career stage and build a pipeline of women leaders for senior leadership roles. The organization recognized the need to have a robust training intervention to empower the women employees from a few geographical locations such as India, China, Philippines and Poland.
Avtar was consulted to customize the ICP training session to address this need.
What we did
We customized the ICP training intervention keeping in mind the cross cultural sensibilities involved while delivering a training intervention with participants from multiple counties. The training sessions focused on creating an in-depth understanding about the challenges faced by women professionals and focused on a few skill sets that will enable them to navigate these challenges effectively in both personal and professional life. The ICP training intervention had the following elements:
- A set of nine virtual training sessions were delivered over a course of 6 months. The training sessions comprised of topics on Career Identity, Networking skill, Negotiation skill, Work Life integration, Collaborative working, Problem solving and decision making, Building Trust and Respect and Focusing on Priorities.
- The participants also undertook the Career Intentionality Quotient (C-InQ) psychometric assessment that measures the Career Intentionality levels of participants.
- The C-InQ score grew by an average of 4% post the ICP training intervention
- Maximum growth was observed in 4 themes – Peer group networking, Relationship with boss, Negotiation skill and level of desired growth
- 100% participants rated the programme as either good or excellent
100% participants mentioned that they would strongly recommend this programme