Case Study on enhancing gender inclusion through Gender Sensitization Training
Gender Sensitization training
An Indian conglomerate with business interests across a wide range of industrial sectors like Automobile and Supply chain business decided to focus on the issue of enhancing gender inclusion at their workplace. A key component of this strategic initiative was to bring forth mind-set change and behavioural change.
Towards this goal, Avtar was consulted to customize and deliver a series of Gender Sensitization training sessions across different locations in South India to address this need.
What we did
After conducting extensive Training Needs Analysis, we created a half-day Gender Sensitization training module. The training programme had the following objectives:
- To deepen the understanding of Gender related issues and challenges at the workplace
- To comprehend the advantages of a gender balanced workplace
- To recognize the false assumptions and overcome stereotypes and manage unconscious biases
- To develop a deeper understanding of the business case for gender diversity and how embracing diversity and inclusion in the workplace can affect bottom-line business results
Since the participants were mainly based out of manufacturing plants, case studies on common workplace scenarios across plant sites were included in the training sessions along with best practices by other industry leaders from the manufacturing sector. A series of experiential classroom sessions were delivered across multiple plant locations across South India by a team of expert facilitators within a span of 6 months.
The training sessions garnered overwhelmingly positive feedback and comments from participants.
- 92% of participants found the training facilitator’s style was good or excellent
- 93.2% of participants found the content and activities included in the training sessions to be of good or excellent standard
94.7% of participants mentioned they would recommend this training programme