Case Study on fostering everyday inclusion through Allyship and Belongingness training
A&B of Inclusion: Allyship and Belongingness training
A multinational technology company in the space of business consulting and outsourcing, decided to focus on how culture change regarding inclusion, equity and diversity can be practically achieved on an everyday basis. The organization needed leaders and allies to make DEI integral to the organization’s DNA.
The organization approached Avtar to design and deliver a training programme to foster the concept of Allyship, and thus enhance Belongingness at the workplace.
What we did
Based on an extensive training needs analysis (TNA), we, at Avtar developed a training module on Allyship and Belongingness to foster a culture of intentional inclusiveness
at the workplace. The key objectives of this training programme were:
- To help leaders to foster long-term productivity and meaningful connection among team members
- To help leaders utilize their credibility and find ways to make their privilege work for others
- To enable leaders to become better allies and create a more inclusive workplace where everyone can thrive
The training session focused on the everyday behaviours, especially micro aggressions and micro inequities, and everyday actions to counter the subtle acts of micro aggressions and micro inequities. The Allyship & Belongingness training programme was delivered as virtual instructor led training sessions by our expert facilitators.
The Inclusion by Design Training intervention garnered positive feedback from participants.
- 2%of participants mentioned that their level of knowledge and skill had increased
- 7%of participants mentioned that they would recommend this programme to others
- 100% of participants committed to creating a personal action plan to practice everyday inclusive behaviours