Tech Mahindra has global operations in 90+ countries. The organization recognizes the value diverse people
bring to the workplace. They empower people to rise, take pride in their uniqueness, backgrounds, experiences,
ideas and perspectives. They rely on our ‘diversity of thought’ to find innovative solutions to new business
challenges as well as provide products and services that exceed their customers’ expectations. Inclusive
policies boost creativity and innovation provide associates opportunities to learn and grow both at the
personal and professional level, and together contribute to TechM’s (and the Mahindra Group’s) larger vision of
enabling people to rise.
TechM’s diversity and inclusion initiatives can be expressed in 9 unique segments.
1. Gender: TechM believes in equal opportunities for people of all genders. With initiatives like POSH
certification, fAIM (female Achievers in Making), career counselling, Junior TechMighty and extended Work from
Home policy, their gender ratio has gone up by 4% in two years.
2. Sexuality: The organization does not discriminate based on sexual orientation or gender identity. Some of
their efforts in this direction are sexual reassignment surgery policy (*India only), LGBTQ+ communities,
inclusive restrooms, insurance, healthcare, and leave benefits for same-sex partners.
3. Abilities: In disabilities, we see abilities. From being an equal opportunity employer, becoming a conducive
workplace for people with all abilities to creating opportunities for people with disabilities through SMART,
TechM does it all.
4. Generations: The company thrives in an environment where the CXOs learn from the management trainees
and veterans from the millennials. Unique initiatives like the Shadow Board, Young CEO, 1000 Leaders,
Connect with the CEO, and Reverse Mentoring gives people early leadership opportunities at TechM.
5. Cultures: TechM has a rich cultural diversity of people from over 105 countries, where they work with over
10,000 colleagues from outside India and celebrate the difference in cultures and languages.
6. Beliefs: At TechM, they acknowledge, accept and respect people from all beliefs, faiths and religions, and
celebrate festivals of all religions with equal zeal and energy.
7. Stakeholders: At TechM, D&I extends beyond the workplace to cover not just employees but also
customers, families, friends and extended networks. We have Saakar Scholarships for children of their thirdparty staff, rewards like Amazing Family Awards, and many initiatives that bring all their stakeholders together
as one big Tech Mahindra family.
8. Socio-Economic: Tech Mahindra Foundation contributes to create a diverse, inclusive, and empowered
world through skilling programmes for inmates at the Chennai Prisons, special initiatives in schools, and for
enabling self-reliance in girls and young women.
Beyond the Living: In the TechM world, diversity and inclusion isn’t limited to just the living. Welcome to the
world of Cobots, the collaborative robots are K2, the first non-human colleague who has answers to everyone’s
HR queries, Aasana (the wellness bot), UVO and TiBOT.
Celebrating and welcoming diversity at work helps everyone benefit from unique strengths and diverse
perspectives. The cumulative impact of various efforts has reflected in the annual Employee Engagement
Survey score increase by 5% last year as compared to an average increase of 2% for each of the last three
With Tech Mahindra having global operations in 90+ countries, we recognise
the value diverse people bring to the workplace. We’ve built an internal
ecosystem for different genders, generations, abilities, and cultures that
have empowered people to rise. Inclusive policies boost creativity and
innovation giving associates opportunities to learn and grow both at the
personal and professional level. Diversity and Inclusion goes beyond hygiene,
it’s a business imperative for us.
CP Gurnani, CEO & MD, Tech Mahindra